Location: Remote into Pittsburgh-Based Company | Type: Contract leading to Full Time
At Day Owl, we design products for people working hard to get the most out of every day. We design and sell objects that are beautiful and functional, all of which are made from materials that were previously trash. We’re building a circular brand, which means we ensure our products (and others) never end up back in a landfill. We believe retail can become an industry for change through better materials, better products, and better collaboration. We work together every week with our sister teams at dowork.org and firstmilemade.com to bring dignified jobs to families, accompanying them out of poverty.
We are seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to help bring Day Owl to life for our customers. The ideal candidate would be equally comfortable in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and everything in-between. Like to work behind the camera, too? Even better. This role is ideal for someone who obsesses over design and can produce exceptional work across different mediums, on time. We’re a small team with a great collaborative environment experiencing rapid growth. In this role you will be reporting to the brand director.
- Develop and distribute the Day Owl visual identity throughout the brand in the following ways:
- Graphic design
- Color Direction
- Execute creative touchpoints with the Day Owl customers including but not limited to newsletters, social posts, ads, website assets, and packaging design
- Support photo and video production as needed
- Graphic design for the Day Owl product team as needed
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite especially: Photoshop, Illustrator, (*After Effects and Premier bonus*), with a hunger to continuously improve your skills.
- Project and time management skills. Ability to balance work on various timelines throughout a given week in a startup environment.
- Passionate about conscious brands and doing impactful work.
- Send a cover letter explaining what you can contribute to Day Owl
- Share a link to your portfolio in your cover letter or résumé
- Provide any social @handles so we can get to know you more:)
- Feel free to offer anything extra that you think describes your work and your design philosophy best. No limits. Be creative!